Website City Winery Hudson Valley
We are proud to announce we have begun hiring for City Winery Hudson Valley at the historic Montgomery Mills. Since 2008, founder Michael Dorf has provided a destination for guests who share an enthusiasm for wine, music, and culinary arts. This is the first City Winery not in a city, but on a beautiful 22-acre property which is a fully functioning winery, tasting room and restaurant, as well as a site focused on Private Events. This stunning, 130-year-old historic Mill has been restored to its original romantic glory, with every detail exquisitely reimagined and crafted with the touch of rustic yet urban class that is unique to City Winery.
We are seeking PORTERS with an unparalleled passion for hospitality and service to join our team!
Porters are responsible for overall maintenance, cleanliness, and polished presentation of the all areas of the building.
● Prior experience as a Porter and ability to handle high volume, fast paced work load in a restaurant environment preferred
● Working knowledge of health regulations, sanitation procedures and ability to safely work with cleaning products
● Strong work ethic, team player, and exceptional guest service skills
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with people in the scope of employment
● Aptitude to resolve problems
● Polished presentation
● Ability to take direction from others
● Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
● Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
● Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds.
Overview of Responsibilities:
● Maintain appearance and cleanliness of all areas of facility at all times during shift
● Sweep, mop, vacuum, scrub, clean and properly maintain all areas of the building on a consistent basis
● Conduct a daily walkthrough of all spaces to ensure all areas are in clean, safe, and presentable condition and in compliance with the Company’s standards, hygiene, food safety and sanitation, and board of health regulations
● Set up, maintenance, and break down of all operating spaces
● Maintenance, upkeep, supply replenishment and restocking of paper goods, and cleanliness of restrooms
● Ensure all light fixtures are properly maintained and cleaned
● Ensure all indoor and outdoor windows are properly maintained and cleaned
● Oversee the disposal and cleanliness of all trash basins and containers
● Maintain clear paths for all fire exits in compliance with local regulations
● Facilitate the repair of any damaged tables or chairs
● Participate in the physical count of all silverware, glassware and utensils, as requested
● Collaborate with BOH management on the ordering of all cleaning supplies
● Organize all dirty glassware in racks.
● Use designated rags to polish all glass and stemware to remove streaks or spots, as requested by Management
● Aid in efforts to control glassware breakage or loss by handling items with care
● Attend meetings as needed
● Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
● Perform all other reasonably assigned duties.
You Give us Your Passion? We Give You: Competitive pay, employee discounts, commuter benefits, and more!
To apply for this job please visit harri.com.