Website City Winery Hudson Valley
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing our enthusiasm of wine, music, and culinary arts. This is the first City Winery not in a city, but on a beautiful 22-acre property in Montgomery, New York which is a fully functioning winery, tasting room and restaurant, as well as a site focused on Private Events. This stunning, 130-year-old historic Mill has been restored to its original romantic glory, with every detail exquisitely reimagined and crafted with the touch of rustic yet urban class that is unique to City Winery.
Servers are responsible for delivering consistently exceptional guest experiences to patrons of City Winery. Duties include taking orders, serving food and beverage, handling all transactions, assisting guests with inquiries and anticipate needs, and any and all duties incidental to the guest’s experience.
● 2+ years experience as a Server in a fast-paced, high-volume service environment and/or equivalent relevant experience
● Strong work ethic, team player, and exceptional guest service skills
● Ability to consistently deliver high-quality guest experiences, exceed guest expectations, and strive to create a memorable experience at every City Winery visit
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with coworkers and guests.
● Aptitude to resolve problems
● Ability to execute professional guest service experience
● Ability to comfortably navigate venue and event spaces, including narrow spaces, dark room and loud environment at times
● Ability to handle all guests with composure and hospitality
● Polished presentation
● Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
● Must be fluently literate in English including ability to read, write, communicate, conduct basic business related mathematics, and able to accurately function a POS
● Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
● Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Provide positive guest experience including greeting, conversing with, and thanking departing guests
• Interact with guests, take orders, serve food and beverage, handle transactions, and support overall guest service needs from beginning to end
• Upsell, increase check average, compete in sales incentives, drive marketing promotions & special events, and promote our brand.
• Check tables throughout service times for guest satisfaction, resolve guest complaints
● Adhere to Steps of Service and maintaining brand standards every shift.
● Maintains a clean, neat and well-groomed appearance.
● Complete necessary side-work, perform opening and closing duties including set-up, maintenance, and breakdown of the area within the allotted timeframe not to exceed 20% or maximum of 2 hours of the scheduled shift time
● Maintain cleanliness and safety of all work areas including but not limited to side stations, floor, shelves, storage areas
● Follow all health and safety regulations, including enforcing laws and ordinances in the handling and provision of alcoholic beverages.
● Handle payment transactions and maintain accurate cash drawer
● Adhere to and abide by cash handling procedures as per Company standards
● Attend trainings, tastings, meetings, as needed
● Maintain a knowledge of City Winery brand, history, culture, and programming, both in venue and restaurant
● Maintain menu knowledge, including ingredients, preparation methods, and allergen
information and communicate this information tableside to guests
● Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
● Perform all other reasonably assigned duties.
To apply for this job please visit harri.com.