Website City Winery Hudson Valley
We are seeking SERVICE ASSISTANTS with a passion for delivering exceptional hospitality and service to join our team!
Service Assistants are responsible for providing a clean and pleasant dining experience by clearing, sanitizing, and resetting tables, and ensuring all areas are well-stocked and tidy. The Service Assistant directly supports servers and/or bartenders during service, performing any tasks necessary to ensure a high-quality guest experience.
● Strong work ethic, team player, and exceptional guest service skills
● 1+ year experience as a Busser or Runner in a fast-paced, high-volume service environment preferred and/or equivalent relevant experience
● Ability to consistently deliver high-quality guest experiences, exceed guest expectations, and strive to create a memorable experience at every City Winery visit
● Ability to navigate venue conditions, including tight spaces, dark room and loud environment
● Polished presentation
● Ability to take direction from others
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with people in the scope of employment
● Aptitude to resolve problems
● Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
● Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
● Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities:
• Provide guest hospitality; clear, clean, and replenish tables, settings, and all service areas; remove courses as completed and deliver to kitchen; replenish utensils; refill water glasses; remain alert to guest needs at all needs
• Provide assistance to waitstaff and bartenders as needed to perform guest related duties
• Ensure polished and clean presentation of all areas
• Prepare dining rooms for patrons by cleaning, setting napkins, service plates, water bottles, and utensils. Perform opening and closing duties including set-up, maintenance, and breakdown of the area within the allotted timeframe not to exceed 20% or maximum of 2 hours of the scheduled shift time
• Support servers by setting-up and replenishing service stations, trash containers liners, and bus stations
• Maintain service areas, clean up spills as needed
• Fulfill guest dining requests as needed and facilitate communication of guest requests to servers
• Make every effort to meet guest’s needs by either obtaining requested items for guest or communicating needs to server or management team
• Greet guests upon seating and fill water glasses
• Adhere to sanitation and safety policies
• Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
• Perform all other reasonably assigned duties
You Give us Your Passion? We Give You: Competitive pay, employee discounts, commuter benefits, and more!
To apply for this job please visit harri.com.