Website City Winery Hudson Valley
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.
The Tasting Room Attendant is responsible for delivering guided wine tastings and/or tours to guests and ensuring a positive and hospitable experience at City Winery.
● Minimum of 1 year experience in wine service or food and beverage environment; and/or equivalent relevant experience
● Exceptional interpersonal and guest service skills, with polished presentation
● Hospitable demeanor and effective communication skills
● Eager to learn about wine and winemaking process
● Applicable state licensing for safe and responsible alcohol service
● Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
● Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
● Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds
Overview of Responsibilities
● Greet guests upon entry to City Winery and tasting area
● Set up and breakdown tasting space each shift
● Provide guided tours, either scheduled or impromptu, and handle set up and breakdown of the tours
● Maintain working knowledge of rotating tap and bottled CW wines
● Guide guests through tasting experience
● Upsell retail bottles or merchandise when able
● Accurately handle cash transactions
● Perform all other reasonably assigned duties
To apply for this job please visit harri.com.