Website City Winery Hudson Valley
Indulge Your Senses
We are proud to announce we have begun hiring for City Winery Hudson Valley at the historic Montgomery Mills. Since 2008, founder Michael Dorf has provided a destination for guests who share an enthusiasm for wine, music, and culinary arts. This is the first City Winery not in a city, but on a beautiful 22-acre property which is a fully functioning winery, tasting room and restaurant, as well as a site focused on Private Events. This stunning, 130-year-old historic Mill has been restored to its original romantic glory, with every detail exquisitely reimagined and crafted with the touch of rustic yet urban class that is unique to City Winery.
We are thrilled and fortunate to be able to resume business and provide a safe workplace for our employees. In the interest of safety for all City Winery employees, the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated unless due to a bona fide medical and/or sincerely held religious reason in which case a reasonable accommodation will be provided unless it causes an undue hardship to City Winery.
We are seeking PREP COOKS with an unparalleled passion for hospitality and service to join our team!
Prep cooks are responsible for the preparation of food items. This includes chopping vegetables, breaking down, cutting or grinding meat, weighing and mixing ingredients, washing and preparing vegetables, storing food, and other duties as per business need.
● Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Prep Cook in full-service, high-volume, fast paced kitchen or food service environment
● Strong work ethic, team player, and customer-focused approach
● Strong knife skills and food handling experience
● Working knowledge and understanding of health, safety, and sanitation standards
● Ability to follow and execute recipes to designated specifications
● Ability to take direction
● Ability to work in a clean, organized, and efficient manner in a high-pressure environment.
● Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
● Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with people in the scope of employment
● Aptitude to resolve problems
● Polished presentation
● Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
● Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
● Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds.
Overview of Responsibilities:
● Gather and prepare a variety of food items for kitchen service in an accurate and timely manner
● Wash, slice, peel, measure, mix, and prepare food items based on guidelines and recipe standards
● Perform work in different prep stations as per business demands.
● Operate a variety of kitchen equipment in safe manner
● Weigh and portion product to meet recipe standards
● Store, label, and date items according to proper practices
● Clean and sanitize all work stations, areas, and equipment
● Maintain department cleanliness and organization, adhere to safe work and equipment practices, and follow all food safety, health and sanitation standards
● Set up, stock stations, and replenish kitchen inventory and supplies as needed
● Ensure food is stored away properly when not in use
● Maintain a thorough working knowledge of recipes, ingredients, allergens, and food presentation
● Ensure all products and prepared items are labeled, dated, initialed, covered, and rotated following FIFO
● Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
● Perform all other reasonably assigned duties
Perks & Benefits! Comped concerts and dining experiences, employee merchandise and meal discounts, FREE family meal, 401K Retirement Plan, Volunteer Opportunities, Flexible Spending Accounts including pre-tax commuter benefits and parking, & more depending on position and other Company eligibility requirements.
To apply for this job please visit harri.com.