Website City Winery Hudson Valley
Indulge Your Senses
Service Assistant (Busser / Runner)
City Winery strives to deliver the highest-end combined culinary and cultural experience to our customers who are passionate in sharing wine, music, and culinary arts. We are a unique facility, combining a fully functioning winery with intimate concerts, food & wine classes, private events in a variety of configurations, and fine dining. We have created a compelling mix for our sophisticated clientele of foodies, and active cultural patrons—bringing the wine country experience to the middle of a large city.
We are thrilled and fortunate to be able to resume business and provide a safe workplace for our employees. In the interest of safety for all City Winery employees, the Company requires all employees to be vaccinated unless due to a bona fide medical and/or sincerely held religious reason in which case a reasonable accommodation will be provided unless it causes an undue hardship to City Winery.
Service Assistants are responsible for providing a clean and pleasant dining experience by clearing, sanitizing, and resetting tables, and ensuring all areas are well-stocked and tidy. The Service Assistant directly supports servers and/or bartenders during service, performing any tasks necessary to ensure a high-quality guest experience.
- Strong work ethic, team player, and exceptional guest service skills
- 1+ year experience as a Busser or Runner in a fast-paced, high-volume service environment preferred and/or equivalent relevant experience
- Ability to consistently deliver high-quality guest experiences, exceed guest expectations, and strive to create a memorable experience at every City Winery visit
- Ability to navigate venue conditions, including tight spaces, dark room and loud environment
- Polished presentation
- Ability to take direction from others
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to build positive relationships with people in the scope of employment
- Aptitude to resolve problems
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the role including standing/walking for entirety of shift, bending, pulling, pushing, using stairs, lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Provide guest hospitality; clear, clean, and replenish tables, settings, and all service areas; remove courses as completed and deliver to kitchen; replenish utensils; refill water glasses; remain alert to guest needs at all needs
- Provide assistance to waitstaff and bartenders as needed to perform guest related duties
- Ensure polished and clean presentation of all areas
- Prepare dining rooms for patrons by cleaning, setting napkins, service plates, water bottles, and utensils. Perform opening and closing duties including set-up, maintenance, and breakdown of the area within the allotted timeframe not to exceed 20% or maximum of 2 hours of the scheduled shift time
- Support servers by setting-up and replenishing service stations, trash containers liners, and bus stations
- Maintain service areas, clean up spills as needed
- Fulfill guest dining requests as needed and facilitate communication of guest requests to servers
- Make every effort to meet guest’s needs by either obtaining requested items for guest or communicating needs to server or management team
- Greet guests upon seating and fill water glasses
- Adhere to sanitation and safety policies
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and guidelines including being ready to work at scheduled shift time, in uniform, with neat and presentable appearance.
- Perform all other reasonably assigned duties
Perks & Benefits! Comped concerts and dining experiences, employee merchandise and meal discounts, FREE family meal, 401K Retirement Plan, Volunteer Opportunities, Flexible Spending Accounts including pre-tax commuter benefits and parking, & more depending on position and other Company eligibility requirements.
To apply for this job please visit harri.com.